The Sports Medicine Technician Certification Course for Personal Trainers is managed by the American Association of Sports Medicine Technicians (AASMT) and is available for a one-time fee of $99.
- The study materials and the written portion of the exam are provided online.
- The hands-on labs and the practical portion of the exam are conducted at a local Med-Fit Clinic.
- All certification requirements are included for the one-time fee of only $99.
The Sports Medicine Technician Certification Course for Personal Trainers involves 7-parts:
- Part 1: Introduction to Sports Medicine
- Part 2: Exercise is Powerful Medicine
- Part 3: Fitness is the Cure
- Part 4: The Sports Medicine Consultation
- Part 5: The Medical-Fitness Assessment & Exercise Rx
- Part 6: Therapeutic Fitness Training
- Part 7: Your Physician-Referral Network
The course can be completed in about 1 week, but you can progress through the course at your own pace. The online course and hands-on labs cover everything you need to know to pass the Certification Exam.
You must complete and pass each part of the course before continuing to the next part. Upon completing all 7 parts, you will be allowed to participate in the hands-on labs and take the online written portion of the Certification Exam at no additional charge. After completing the labs and passing the written portion of the exam, you will be scheduled for the practical portion of the Certification Exam, again at no additional charge.
After passing the practical portion of the Certification Exam, you will be a certified Sports Medicine Technician and eligible to join the American Association of Sports Medicine Technicians (AASMT) for only $59 per year. The AASMT provides personalized career guidance along with online clinical and marketing resources.
As an active member of AASMT, you will remain qualified to accept Patient Referrals from local physicians. You will also have the opportunity to network with other health and fitness professionals, as well as community-based volunteers. Your newly acquired knowledge and skills will allow you to truly grow your Personal Training business and increase your income.
The Sports Medicine Technician Certification Course for Personal Trainers is available through the OptiHealth Institute. Click on the link below to visit the website and enroll in the course.
For information about membership in AASMT, refer to: